Things haven't been going too well. First week of treatment and feeding tube placement ended in ER. My husband suffered continual hiccups: with only ten minutes respite, thought it was the feeding tube placement, but actually caused by the chemo! The Oncologist stopped a medication he was given just before chemo and that seemed to have solved the problem. Second week, what we expected. Third week, after radiation and chemo, my husband had a massive heart attack, he is fine now (due to the attention of our police and paramedics who managed to keep things under control) and hopefully, will be discharged Sunday. He had a mild heart attack almost two years ago, (fourth of July weekend) and his cardiologist reckons that the cancer causes the blood to clot, which in this case brought on the heart attack and caused a previous stent to collapse as well. He followed what his cardiologist said to the letter - lost over 35lb, excercised 4-5 times a week. (Up until now, as they didn't want him to loose any more weight.) Has anyone out there had a the same experience?

My husband has almost given up on eating, everything hurts, any suggestions would be appreciated. (I didn't expect it to be this bad so soon.) Because of the heart attack, he cannot eat Ice Cream which he fancied tonight, he settled for Jello (Jelly) instead and only ate a very small amount.

He his having problems with mucas at the back of his throat. I made a mouthwash suggested by the radiologist and that has helped no end. It comprises of 1 quart of water, add one teaspoon of salt and baking soda (powder), shake well. It seems to help shift it!

I am dreading the next four weeks! Up to now, nothing has gone as we expected.... or told, any suggestions would be appreciated, I am so afraid he will say he has had enough!

Irene

irene