Dear Bonnie, From the vantage point of someone who has been dealing with this [2 sugeries, rad. chemo and now Erbitux] for almost 2 full years, my advice to you is this. Try to stop worrying about what might happen so far in the future. Your daughter might well get through rad tx. with few lasting side effects. And return to "normalcy" is different in time and by definition for each person experiencing this. It is quite possible that since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, she will not feel to bad then and can enjoy being with her family. Christmas may be a rougher time. Just read all you can on possible side effects of rad. tx. so you all are not caught off guard if she needs stronger pain meds or more hydration, etc. There is lots of info here on keeping her skin in good shape, having a suction machine for her, if needed, and extra ways to get beneficial calories down the peg. Let the future "what ifs" go for now. Her kids will stay calmer if they feel like you all are in control and have a handle on things. If it is appropriate for their ages, give each of them a job assignment that is theirs for the duration of her treatment. They will then be helping her to get well. I know this is all easier said than done, and I am wishing your family the best luck through this. Stay strong. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: