I only had two chemos but that's because my WBC was so low when the third was supposed to happen that they couldn't do a third in a way that would have affected radiation (ie. anywhere near on schedule). My RBC was really low too (despite taking Procrit). Chemo was kind of icing on the cake for me, anyway, an extra-aggressive treatment for my stage of cancer, so my MO said it was OK to miss the third.

I think it's important to note in Gail's post that 60% of people have some sort of hearting issue from cisplat. but not all of that is hearing loss. I had ringing in my ears during chemo and on and off for about 6 months after. It's completely gone away now and I don't think my hearing has been permanently affected at all. Still, it's worth discussing with your MO.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"