I always come here when I encounter a new problem with my husband's treatment. To recap a little, my husband David had a tumor on the back of his tongue and lymph nodes on the left side removed, his cancer is Stage IV and he is going through 32 radiation treatments, and 6 chemo (cisplatin) along with the clinical drug Erbitux (7 sessions). He has one chemo/Erbitux left on this Wednesday (20th) and will complete his radiation treatments on the 29th. He is snapping at the kids (6 at home, youngest is 3 years) and me since he is tremendously constipated and in pain, especially the outside of his neck where they aim the radiation, and inside his throat. Right now, I'd say the outside is the worst. He was wetting his neck area because he has a beard and the Erbitux rash was causing seeping from the rash and crusting up all over his beard. A nurse suggested he lay a warm, wet, soapy compress on his beard and let it soak, then scrub the crust off. She said to do this a few days in a row. Since he has started doing this, yes, the crust is almost gone, as is parts of his beard, but I have noticed him complaining much more about the neck area hurting. I'm not a nurse or a doctor but I suggested today that the wet cloths were hurting the neck so he has discontinued. For pain he has Lortab, which he can use every 4 hours, and morphine, which he has only used at night so far, but today I gave it to him when his neck was hurting so bad. He does have a feeding tube and I have added Benefiber to the liquids I add, and he still is taking Senokot-S 3 times a day (4 pills) but it has been since Tuesday since he has had a bowel movement. My questions? Should he have something else for pain? And any ideas about the constipation?