I never thought of the term "Starving to death" as such a big deal until now as I watch my dad "starving to death".

Quick History: Dad is currently in treatment. He does NOT have a peg tube in because the doctor said it would delay the healing process. He has 4 days left of Radiation and 1 chemo treatment. He has no energy, looks HORRIBLE, and hasnt eaten a thing in days. And prior to those days, he had a bite or two. He cant swollow and is constantly throwing up the mucus in the throat.

WOW... It is just HORRIBLE watching my dad go thru this. He has lost about 50 pounds, his jeans are totally falling off. He said "He would rather starve to death than go thru this crap". He is ready to throw in the towel.

Please O Please...can anyone give me suggestions on what to do? What "words of encouragement" might get my dad thru this?

Thanks.

Cindy

Diagnosed in October 2005. 35 weeks of radiation and 3 chemo treatments. 6/21/06Right partial mandibulectomy in the right mandibular gingiva. T2, N1, MX Postive Margins. Aug. 06 came back and now passed away 4/8/07