Donna, I can definitely relate to what you are going through. How far away from you was your last chemo? Every chemo I have had (I've done 2 of 3), I have a seroius problem keeping things down, for several days after, including meds. Even though I hate the way they make me feel, thank God for the compazine suppositories. I'm also taking Zofran on top of those and that makes things managable, although I still get sick it isn't all day.

The one things is, I do have a PEG tube which helps a lot in terms of geting stuff down. You can still vomit up stuff you've put in through the PEG but at least not everything that goes in you is soemthing you taste! I'm at the point whee even plain water tastes awful right now.

I have still lost some weight even with the tube, because of all the vomiting the weeks after chemo, but it's about 2-3 pds per week at most so that isn't too bad. I do beieve staying decently nourished and hydrated makes a difference in how you get throgh treatment.

I give myself lots of water through the PEG so less chance on dehydration.

God luck finding the balance that works for you...or, at the very least, on finding times of day when you can get stuff down.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"