the other question that has come up, totally separate from if I should continue Amifostine shots, is that my second chemo was delayed. It should have been Monday but I was feeling as though I had a unrinary tract infection coming on (just the very early symptoms but those are what you want to catch), ws running a low fever in the evenings, and had a very low WBC adn RBC count.

Then they said probably by Wednesday (today) I could have it since the blood showed Monday lots of WBC platelets just forming (these have a special name--can't recall what they're called) that should release to adult white blood cells in a couple of days. But they didn't. So that's out for today too. But they went back and did a "hand count" from the sample and decided that there were more WB cells there than the machne had said so I'm going to have chemo tommorrow.

This would be three days off schedule with rad, but they had a malfunction in their computer and so I missed a day there Monday as well, so it's two days off schedule.

Still that means the earliest I'd get my next (lasy) chemo, 3 weeks from tommorrow, would be my very last day of radiation. I guess that one still acts as a radiosensitizer for the cells for the weeks after rad is over when it "keeps on giving"? And what if I have the same problems then? At what point does the chmo get so out of synch that it might mean I only do two treatments overall?

Have others of you who had chemo and rad concurrently run into this?

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"