Good morning,
I hope you are all doing well. We're doing pretty good so far. My dad started his txs on Wednesday-- he had 3 rounds of chemo during his overnight stay on Weds. and has had 3 rad. tx so far. He's got the weekend to rest up for his first full week of radiation and has 2 more weeks until his next overnight chemo. stay. The information you guys have armed us with has been priceless! Thanks, again, to all who are so open about sharing your experiences!

We have encountered 2 'problems' so far which I'd like to throw out to you all. Any advice you could offer would be VERY appreciated!

1. What lip balm product did you use? My dad's lips are very dry. The dentist gave him a sample tube of Salagen lip balm, but he was just wondering what else is out there.

2. My dad can still, luckily, eat for the time being. However, he's finding that he's getting more and more nauseous as the days go by. Are the food effects completely different for everyone, or are there specific foods that trigger nausea with the Cisplatin? He was wondering about his Diet Pepsi, too. Good idea or bad? He was afraid of the carbonation, but didn't find any info. in the numerous books he has at home.

Thanks, again, for your information. We REALLY appreciate it. I'm so glad I found this forum!

Cheryl
Daughter of Lance-- diagnosed 12/26/04 stage IV SCC, neck dissection 2/1/05, tx started 2/23/05, ended 7/05. Doing AWESOME!