Any body have any ideas on how to keep mouth from opening while sleeping. I was never a mouth breather until after surgery & with the combination of dry mouth, the tip of my toungue gets so dry it's very painful in the morning. The tip of whats left of my tongue hurts sort of all the time anyway probably from nerve/tissue damage from my surgery. I can just envision the surgeons ahold of my tongue with like surgical pliers or something just as archaic! I sure don't have much to complain about, considering I'm alive & cancer free today, but this little issue bothers me alot. Tried to eat some lean steak last night & had to give up before I finished. It just wouldn't go down my throat! Had to sort of hack it out of my throat. I'm sure others have mentioned similar problems with lean beef. Today I worked for 4 hours in the yard, lawn mowing, bush trimming, etc. Sure feels good to be able to work hard again. Lately I've been working very hard, alot. 4 hours in the yard is not an example. I'm talking about 12 hour work days and stuff. Almost like I'm trying to make up for lost time or something. Maybe it's just my compulsive personality. I don't know. I'm just rambling. I hope everyone is at peace today or can find it soon. Erik

dx 2/11/04 scca bot T3 IU 2B MO poorly differentiated, margins ok, 3/16 modest, jaw split, over half of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - finished chemo & rad treatment 5/20/04