I was meticulous in making sure I took in at least 2200 calories a day, and still lost 43 pounds. Without a PEG, it was difficult to swallow that many calories. I'd say 3000 a day is more like it , but I too would encourage you to speak with a nutritionist. My nutritionist also offered a prescription for ProSure, a 600 calorie version of Ensure. It was only available in 2 flavors, Vanilla and Banana. The vanilla made me wretch, the banana was pretty decent. (remember now that my taste buds were pretty wacked out smile ) Exercise is also important to prevent muscle loss. I eventually found myself reduced to the cable channel exercise program for old folks, you know, the old girl who does all the exercises with a chair. Just that little bit of movement every day helped to maintain some muscle tone, and I'm sure helped iin my recovery. I've started running again, and I'm up to 3 miles already laugh

Good Health

Chuck

SCC Stage IV right tonsil T3N3M0. Dx 08/03. Clinical Trial:8 weeks Taxol, Carboplatin then Hydrea, 5FU, IMRT x's 48, SND, Iressa x 2yrs. Now 20 years out and thriving. Dealing with a Prostate cancer diagnosis now. Add a Bladder cancer diagnosis to all the fun.
It's always something
"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it."