Sherry, I had no bad results from the chemo treatment. I was on the every 21 day ciplatin chemo schedule, too, and went to the hospital for 2-4 days each time. I checked in on Thursday morning and they put me on high water drip, with anti-nausea just before chemo on Friday morning. Of course, rad treatment both days, as usual. They kept me on water drip on Saturday and discharged me on Sunday. That was the first treatment. The second treatment they got me out on Saturday and let me go on Friday after the third treatment. I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital. Probably should have hung around longer on the last chemo, though, as I didn't do quite as well as the first two. Bottom line is, as Gary said, we all react differently. Ken may be able to get through the next one easily. By the way, I forgot to mention that they put me to sleep with each chemo treatment, so I wasn't awake to see if I got nausious or not. By the time I woke up, it was all done. Will pray for you both as you progress through treatment.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.