More about the Butler Flouride foam - the strength I am using is .9%. The typical "at the dentist office" flouride treatment is 1.1% Quite a noticeable difference. My dentist sells me the stuff at his cost for about 27 bucks a can.

Tip - bring your dental trays when you have your teeth cleaned and have a flouride treatment afterwards.

Nystatin is also typically a "swish and spit". That is some foul stuff to think about swallowing. I liked the Diflucan a lot better and it workd faster.

I vomited every time I used the pink magic - it still worked but I still had to go go through this puking thing. Then I was able to get a milkshake down and some Carnation Instant Breakfast. I couldn't do Boost or Ensure - it made me sick.

I was also on Duragesic patches and had morphine both in liquid and pill form for "breakthrough" pain - like the type you get from trying to swallow anything.

It all worked out though, but it was tough sledding for a while. In hindsite I don't regret not getting a PEG but it took a lot of work, caused a lot of pain and ended me up in the ER twice.

PS Cancer fatigue is a well known side effect and the reason that most of us qualify for SSDI. The chances of having fatigue from this are pretty common regardless of your meds.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)