Just a quick update -- week two is now in the books. Things went A LOT better this week in terms of stomach issues, eating, energy levels, etc. I haven't taken a drop of pain medicine or anti-nausea medicine since Sunday night. It feels good, though I still don't have a full appetite yet.

I even went back to work for ahwile midweek. I'm covering a swim meet tomorrow for the newspaper, which should be fun (though I've got to load up on sunscreen and wear my new floppy hat the whole time)...

I should cruise pretty well through next week and then its back to chemo, the second installment...

I've learned a few things this week:
1) radiation techs aren't happy when you're late for appointment by 10-15 minutes...
2) there is nothing you can do or say when THEY are late by 45 minutes...
3) jars of clay's newest CD lasts the exact time my treatment lasts...
4) you can find the big dipper and other constellations on the patterned ceiling if you look real hard...
5) I never want to sneeze when I'm on the table in my mask -- I haven't yet, but I might break something if I ever have to... it's tough enough to stay still when trying to swallow...

Have a great weekend everyone...

Eric

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.