Gita,
Your sisters condition sounds pretty normal to me. Most of us had similar experiences.

There are many reasons for nausea - be sure to let the doctors know so they can try different things. I got nauseated from practically everything -it really wore me out at times - but I am living proof that human beings are more resiliant than you think. I also spent a lot of time choking. Eating became a science into itself and I had to experiment a lot with different techniques, particularly since I HAD to eat orally. Coupled with burns, blisters, thick mucous, constipation, no taste buds, elevated sense of smell. I spent a lot of time laying on the bathroom floor. It sucked and I am GLAD that is all past now.

My doctors also gave me industrial strength antacids and they helped as well. Chemo does a number on the stomach lining and acid balance.

There are some tricks to using the PEG tube optimally as well - like slow feeding, etc. I didn't have a PEG so some of the PEGsters can help you.

I couldn't stand Boost and Insure and puked it up everytime I tried it. I settled with Carnation Instant Breakfast (I could tolerate milk ok) and Hagen Daz milkshakes and it worked well enough.

Sorry you're having trouble with City of Hope. Cancer is in epidemic proportions in this country today. All of the CCC's are very busy. Be persistent. She's already in treatment so that may be a factor as well.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)