Hi Lynn, I am almost two years out from radiation treatment. For about the first year, NOTHING tasted right or the same to me, but Thank God, I am getting my taste back, have been drinking coffee again (for the past 6 months), cannot drink soda of any kind, still burns. I can eat pretty much everything again but have a little bit of a tough time with steak and actually any kind of meat. Need to remind myself to cut up in small pieces, chew well and go SLOW.....cannot tolerate anything real spicy yet, that may always be, I don't know. Chocolate is not the same. I just enjoyed a delicious crab cake (minus the roll) for lunch and french fries with a little catsup....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It does get better over time....God Bless, Carol

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---