Hi Frenz,
Your friend needs some help with the feeding tube, one tin a day is not enough and fluids are even more essential!
When i had trouble there were 2 ways of addressing the problems. Firstly, i took care of any nausea with drugs, pre-feeding and i allowed them to take effect before food. Secondly,i found the gas and cramping was from constipation as a result of the other drugs. Getting the right bowel motions is a must to prevent reflux and cramping. The docs gave me senna to get things moving and lactulose to soften things up - they finally worked but the balance is different for everyone - too much causes more cramping. Enemas may be the way to go. If the bowels are backed up i found it useless to add more fluid either with syringe or bag feed as just pushed back and bloated things more. When hydration is compromised, the bowels become even drier and so the cycle continues - in that case maybe I/V fliuds are the answer.It sounds as though your friend needs to see the doc and get some iv fluids in place and then start again with better symptom management and prevention - it has to become a routine. I have just finished 7 weeks of radio and am now into week 9, with little sickness remaining and managing up to 8 tins of Ensure per day plus extra fluids through tube.
Hope this helps, don't hesitate to ask more,
good luck to your friend,
Frances