Had the follow up PET/CT scan today, (see previous post) not good news again. After partial glossectomy, radical neck dissection on left side, chemo and radiaion on left side, now there's a node showing activity on right side of neck. So, Monday they're doing fine needle biopsy. There was some discussion between the ENT surgeon, oncologist about whether to do needle biopsy or just go in and take out the node, check it and then decide. Thing is, neither one is convinced that this is actually a cancerous node, but only way to find out for sure, is biopsy at least.

So, here we go again. At least if wind up with neck dissection, I know what to expect, plus this time it's only the neck dissection, not the tongue. Interestingly enough, I'm taking this better than my wife.

By the way, do they use a local during the needle biopsy? I'm getting skittish around needles, even the mention of them.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.