Hi. My name is Lisa, and I am new to the board. My husband was diagnosed in April 2002 with Stage 3 Tonsil Cancer. He was given weekly chemotherapy and twice daily radiation treatments for seven weeks. (I thought the treatments were going to kill him.) He had a peg placed, but lost over 70 lbs. His cancer is in remission, but after finishing treatments nearly 5 months ago, he still cannot eat solid foods. His peg was removed 2 weeks ago, before testing was done to determine his swallowing problems because of bacterial and digestive problems. After his test today, he was told his epiglottis has stuck in the open position. He takes BOOST PLUS by mouth enought to sustain himself, but he keeps losing weight and fears that he will never eat solid foods again. The doctor, after the barium swallow test, gave him some vocal excercises to do and talked to him about pnuemonia risks. Has anyone else expereinced this? The mental and physical effects of not being able to eat are hard for both of us, and we are in need of help. Any other information that you may have would help us tremendously. Thanks and blessings to you all.