Hi Gang:

It's me again looking to the radiation vets for help. As you all know, Dave finished his radiation treaments a week ago today. Since then, he still is really wiped out, has a sore throat, and can eat & drink very little all of which I know is typical for this HORRENDOUS (yes, you all warned us!) period. Okay, the weird thing is he is having sporadic bouts of early morning nausea and some episodes of vomiting that at times make it difficult for him to tolerate the tube feeding.He also did switch tube feeding brands and has added protein powder which could have been the culprit. Also, he has been taking Diflucan for oral candida which can cause nausea.

In short, I am spinning my wheels trying to think of a good explanation and figure you all might have one I'm missing.

Overall, he has lost like 30 lbs since pre-op and although he isn't dehydrated yet, I don't want him spending X-mas admitted attached to an IV for fear the staff won't find him in a particularly festive mood.

Has anyone else experience nausea post radiation? Any tips? Unless the radiation techs are miracle workers, I doubt Dave is pregnant!

Thanks,

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"