Nettypoho.......... Your attitude is remarkable! Keep us posted on the outcome of your surgery and continued treatment regimine. We'll do our part by rooting for you...praying for you...or just sending good thoughts your way. You WILL get through this Netty, the road might be a bit bumpy along the way, but you will get through it and come out a stronger person for having gone through the cancer jouney. You will speak, eat, swallow, and enjoy not only food but life once again. That I promise! Five years ago I lost over two-thirds of my tongue, had a radical neck dissection, endured 38 rounds of RAD and 3 twenty four hour, five day drips of chemotherapy. Today, five years later I am alive to TALK about it, I eat well, and my speech is very acceptable. My life is different but it is good....no, I take that back...it is great! The journey back to good health takes time but I have no doubt you'll be back participating sooner than you think. Keep positive and keep us posted. Sending good thoughts your way...........Sincerely, Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!