Hi Everone:

I had 1/3 of my left tongue resected 6/13/07. I am on visit number 16 of 30 radiation treatments along with tri-weekly Cisplatin drips.

Last week, I noticed that my spit had gotten quite ropey and thick, almost like a phlem. I was asleep all of this a.m. and afternoon b/c of chemo fatgue. When I woke up my mouth was very, very dry and I went to the bathroom and noticed a red sore/rash type thing on the underside of my right tongue. It almost looks kind of veiny in that it's not shaped like a simple circle orsomething. It exists from the bottom of the tongue (where it meets the floor of the mouth) to the side of the tongue.

I probed around and didn't feel any bumps, and this thing looks like a red irritation of the skin of the tongue.

I have read about mouth sores and thrush, and how they can kick in around week 4 of radiation. Is this what I am dealing with? I have emergency appoint with my surgeon tomorrow at 1:00 for clarifcation.

Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks again for your support,

Mike T
Cincinnati

Stage III Cancer of Left Tongue Diagnosed 5/22/07; resection/reconstructive surgery 6/13/07 with removal of left, cervical lymph nodes (1 positive; Chemo/Radiation to commence shortly.