Brian:

Thank you for your site and reply. I am in week three and my throat and tongue are feeling the effects of radiation: my tongue burns and my throat feels like it is shrinking and I am having difficulty swallowing.

As far as Erbitux, I was aware that it was approved by the FDA for Head and Neck cancer. From looking at other people's profiles on this site it appears that some are indeed receving it with their chemo/rad. When I asked my oncologist about it, he said there were no studies wherein Erbitux was used after surgery, and therefore it was not an option for me.

I am not certain if that means (a) he won't perscribe it, or, (b) there is some legal/ethical impediment. I suspect that it's the former, which leads to my next question: How do I go about getting it added? I am being treated at the Barret Cancer Center at the University of Cincinnati (which I thought was a major CCC).

I would appreciate any advice on this issue as I would like to avail myself of all options.

Thanks again.

Mike
Cincinnati, Ohio

Stage III Cancer of Left Tongue Diagnosed 5/22/07; resection/reconstructive surgery 6/13/07 with removal of left, cervical lymph nodes (1 positive; Chemo/Radiation to commence shortly.