Well, just as my gut told me, the cancer is still in my tongue. The rad and chemo got rid of some of the tumor but not all of it. Damn. So, next Monday, the 25th, I will be getting the left half of my tongue removed. frown What a disappointment. I just keep reminding myself of all the positive survivor stories I read about here. I will eat and talk again. I just have to. My surgeon is going to take out some nodes, even tho they all look clear. He said it won't affect my recovery, anyway. He said he's gonna go thru the middle of my botton lip/jaw and around to my ear. I cannot even picture this, it makes me want to pass out. I am very squeamish when it comes to my mouth or nose.
If anyone has any suggestions for me or positive stories to keep me going, i'd appreciate it. I just want this all behind me. I've been in pain & unable to eat since last December so I'm reafy to do this surgery and hopefully start to put it behind me. I always knew in my GUT that it wasn't gone. I was just hoping my gut was wrong.

SCC-tongueT3N0M0- IMRT 35times-1/07-3/07; along with one cycle of Cisplat & one cycle of Carboplat; weekly erbitux.finished all tx.3/07-supposedly gone. Recurrence 6/07. Age 31-non-smoker/social drinker. Devastated it's back.