Hello everyone. Brian or Gary or anyone else that can help me out with this I need some direction. I just had my post Tx scans and am waiting for the results. Here's a quick history and then I'll ask the question. Surgical biopsy 12-27-06, fear of bleeding emergency surgery again on 12-29-06 removed another node. Both were poorly differentiated. Tonsillectomy with biopsies of tongue ect. Tumor found on left tonsil. Pet and Ct confirmed this and there was still atleast 1 possibly 2 nodes that were cancerous. I have completed treatment and have one more decision to make. I told my dr.s that I would go with their decision but I need some advice. I am reading conflicting results of studies. They have told me to expect to finish up with the radical or selective neck dissection. Some things I read say it is necessary and others say they are showing no significant benefits of the dissection. I would appreciate some more info if anyone has any. Brian I know you have the opportunity to hear some of the latest. I'm not excited about another surgery but I also want to be aggressive with this to give myself the best chance of possible cure. I'm also trying to have my tumor tested for HPV. There is so much new info that is starting to challenge some of the older tx options that it has gotten me a little, actually alot confused. Thank you in advance for the help. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee