I just went to my local pharmacy and told them what I needed. I had already looked it up on the net and just gave them the info. I had it the next day. Also, if you know someone who works at a hospital or nursing home you may find it possible to get supplemental drinks at their cost. I was paying 7.00 a 6 pack for ensure plus, now I pay 5.00 a case. Every little bit helps as the time of work increases. Good luck. I understand your frustration as well. Most people have no idea what to say and only a few will ever take time to study about cancer so that they can have conversations about it. I wouldn't have before if someone said they had cancer. I was dx'd with MS and that is where I found my frustration. Even with my wife. I then understood the importance of these forums. We can understand each other because we have been there. After that my frustration went down for people who offer the cliche sayings because I can get what I need here. I can't expect anyone else to reasearch all of this and then only try to understand what I feel. Heck it usually takes me a week or two to process all the changes that come. It is frustrating though. There are a few people who have pleasantly suprised me. Most people are just to scared to learn about cancer especially if it someone they know. When people offer prayers I remember that is really the only thing they do have to offer. That and there very simple and cliched words of encouragement. The rest is between me and my doctors. That is why we are here though so we can vent to one another as well as give some experiential advice. Good luck. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee