Just a slight word of caution. Liquid diets can cause just as much, or worse, constipation as if you were eating nothing but protein. One small advantage of Jevity is the added fiber other than it was specifically developed for PEG tube feeding.

I personally used off the shelf Carnation Instant Breakfast packets (I don't think that the VHC variation that David talks about was available when I was going though treatment)because the milk based products were easier for me to get down. I discovered that I could still taste coffee and they had an espresso flavored one but you had to buy the 3 pack cartons to get it. I would take Hagen Daz coffee flavored ice cream and add it to the vanilla flavor. I gave away the strawberry ones - just didn't do it for me. You really must experiment with flavors if you are taking this stuff orally. The thick texure of Boost and Ensure just gagged me and I couldn't use it at all - others here have had the same experience yet some swear by it and still use it to this day!

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)