I don't make this stuff up go to "Adjunctive Therapy" topic and click on "Vitamin E may increase risk". The study was done in Quebeck. Check the "Oral Cancer in the News" link on the home page as well. "Cause" was a bad choice of words - but I'll stick with exacerbate.

There is another article, published om 7/13/05, that states that it has no chemopreventive benefit either.

I haven't seen any articles in regards to skin repair or reduction of mucositus so if anyone is aware of any scientific double blind studies let me know - save the testimonials from the health food store.

I had one doctor suggest to me to take that colloidial silver stuff for mouth sores (that will permanently change your skin color - to grey) and is listed on Quackwatch as a bogus "nutritional supplement".

But you should run everything by the oncologist first - they deal more with the body chemistry issues and coordination of all your meds.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)