So, I went to meet the Radiation Oncologist today. It was not a meeting that filled me full of confidence. He is new, slightly awkward, unfamiliar with his surroundings and the equipment. His examination of my nose and throat was awkward and painful. The ENT surgeons managed several scopes without any real discomfort. I did not seem to learn much new except it is proposed I undergo a combination of IMRT Radiation and Chemotherapy, I have to meet the Medical Oncologist, he can't tell me when that will be exactly, as he does not control their schedule. I also have to get a measurement CT head scan so they can design the radiation beam to focus on specific areas. He did tell me that after the surgery I had I am considered gross disease free and that will allow them to use a lower dose 60gy and this may preserve other tissues a little better. The center is not an official comprehensive cancer center something about in the process of applying for it. He did confirm due to multiple lymph node involvement it is N2b and so is considered stage IV. He did mention a clinical trial or protocol but later apparently I was not eligble as I had already had surgery.

All in all I came away feeling underwhelmed, I am thinking of making contact with Roswell Park at Buffalo to see if they have head and neck experience and whether they would take me. I am a little worried about insurance and all that I am English and I am still unsure how all that works over here. I do not want to delay anything but I want to have confidence in those treating me...What do you guys think.