I was hit with all treatments available. I am cancer free today. I am strong & able & have no regrets. My quality of life is excellent & I eat everything I want. I'm in the best physical condition I've been in in 20 years. It has been almost a year and a half since dx & of course in hindsight has gone by very fast. It has taken some hard work, tears, anger & fortitude to come through. I was fortunate that my ENT sent me to Virginia Mason in Seattle, a comprehensive cancer center, with a large head & neck dept. Hopefully I hit it hard enough from day one that I don't ever have to deal with a reccurence. I've seen enough people die from this disease to understand there is no easier softer treatment, no short cuts. Make sure and base your decision on the best recomendations from the best people in the industry of treating this disease successfully. No regrets!!! Erik

dx 2/11/04 scca bot T3 IU 2B MO poorly differentiated, margins ok, 3/16 modest, jaw split, over half of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - finished chemo & rad treatment 5/20/04