Hello Minick,

I have not had the type of chemo drugs your brother will be receiving. I am being treated for a reoccurance in the original surgical bed.
(right tonsil) with mets with multiple nodules in my lungs. This happened last June. I started chemo in late June 04. I had follow up scans in late Dec 04 that showed my lungs as all clear and no change
in the tonsil area. The chemo seems to be holding the beast at bay. I continue this treatment now. two weeks on (every Monday) followed by two weeks off. Receiving Taxol & Carboplatin.
I think the drugs they are suggesting are more toxic than what I'm receiving. That is purly a
speculation on my part. If Gary reads this please respond if you can.

I don't know why they are suggesting a possible feeding tube if he doesn't receive radiation.
If he received radiation he could experience several side effects that may prevent him from eating. Thats when he would need a feeding tube. He has to input enough to heal & maintain his weight. I had one in for 7 months with no problems. Some here went without and did fine. It's a different sceniro for each person. We all react differently to similer treatment.

Wishing your brother my best wishes with as little side effects as possible!! Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006