Hi! Last Thursday, I received the news my biopsy was positive for an scc on my tongue. I am scheduled to to back to my ENT on the 5th to review the tests I had done this week. One thing, can anyone point me towards a good diagram of the tongue? I know there are lymph nodes for different parts of the tongue and would like to get more familiar with the terms. I don't know what's considered "base", etc..

Also, I checked and the surgeon they have referred me to (5/10/05) is an otolaryngologist. Is that who I should be seeing? He came from MD Anderson, so I'm sure he's qualified, and he's at the OU Med Center in Oklahoma City, so there are oncologists/radiologists, etc... for consult. Just wanted your opinions.

Thanks!
Jennifer

P.S. Jerry, if you read this, I was just curious how you found out about your scc? Since you are a dentist and educated in oral abnormalities, I'm guessing maybe it was in a location you couldn't see?

Jennifer
Stage II (T2N0M0) SCC diag 4/21/05; partial glossectomy & selective neck dissection (good margins and lymyph nodes negative), jaw split, 1/3 of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - 5/23/05; 42 years old at diagnosis