Please get a second opinion. About 6 years ago my mom was diagnosed with oral cancer, only to be treated with surgery. Had a couple small reaccurances, that were also just removed with clear margins. She was given the 5 year "your cured" speech by her ENT. Only to be diagnosed by same ENT with a stage 5 a year later? As we all know this doesnt happen overnight. He missed it. He tried to tell us it wasnt connected, it was something new. We shouldve went for the second opinion. Did we? NO. My mom went through the chemo and radiation. But she died within 9 months of treatment. It's all still very new to me to be without my best friend. But in telling you her story i hope it will scare you into getting that second opinion. I am still looking for some sort of peace to get through this. I want to go sit down with her ENT and get some answers but i am not ready. For your peace of mind get that second opinion.

Was Primary caregiver to my mom who had stage IV, SCC, Supraglottic with Mets to 4 nodes. Diagnosed Feb 04, died unexpectedly from complications from treatment December 17, 2004.