Or maybe just barely I should say. There are several important brain cells that I think got left behind at the hospital as I can't seem to getting anything going in a proper direction.
On Feb 2 they did a radical neck dissection with a few extra nips for insurance. The Trapezoid muscle and the SCM are both gone and I have a wandering trail of staples running from chin to the top back of my rt ear, then on down the side of the neck where they sacrificed all the vessels soft tissue etc. and other "unnecessary strucures". Here is a large OUCH cause that's how it all feels right now. I dropped another 8-9 lbs in hosp. so have some recoup. work to do there.
Getting on the appropriate meds has been difficult...esp after months of chronic pain fron the tumour we're now dealing with acute pain from the surgery. My body acknowledges both at the moment even though the tumour is removed.
A tearful call to my primary nurse at the cancer center has yielded s new set of pain pills and a small vial of ativan. Guess I'll make it through this tough day after all. They plan to take the staples out on Friday and I want to be a little more "together" by then.
In the meantime it's back to bed, a little Oscar Peterson to listen to, and hopefully a rest that heals.
Talk to you all soon.
Blessings,
Fran

SCC Base of tongue diag. April 04 Stage IV, mets to rt. neck multiple nodes 35 rads+8 boosts First recurrence Jan05. Rt.rad neck dissection Feb02/05. Recurred with bone mets in neck July 05.
Committed to survival with dignity.