Hi all,

My 73 year old mother had a tumor removed from her tongue about a year ago and followed up with radiation. It took her P.D. around 4 months to figure out the pain in her ear was not an ear inffection. The
E.N.T. had recommended a neck dissection but the radiologist said he thought he could cure it
with radiation and that chemo was not necessary. The cancer spread to her lymph and neck area. She had a neck surgery to
remove a tumor the size of a fist two weeks ago. They were able to remove ~95/97% of the cancer but could not remove it from within her
neck muscle and artery area. The surgeon said she should have more radiation/chemo to try to kill off the remaining cancer. My concern
is that the radiation did not seem to work very well the first time. She had it done in Orlando and I am thinking of
getting her in a comprehensive cancer center where they may have better treatment and possibly some more advanced options
for her next treatment but we are not sure of what to do.

Her current radiologist seems very competent but we want to expore other options. He says he can treat again with more aggressive radiation and maybe some chemo, (he thinks she may not be able to handle much chemo)

Thanks in advance!

Rick