Hi Eric,

I, too, had 3 rounds of cisplatin during the course of my 37 rad treatments. I did feel nausea a couple of days after treatment but never threw up. I do remember having a problem with acid reflux after chemo treatments and constipation was a problem but that wasn't helped any by the meds I was on. I did and still have a hearing problem though not as severe by any means that Joanna experienced. I have a constant ringing / humming in my ears to this day. Sometimes I hardly notice it but other times it's a little more annoying. I also had an ear infection in both ears right after treatment ended that antibiotics couldn't kill so my ENT placed tubes in my ears which I still have. My ENT said the infection was probably a result of the radiation more than the result of the cisplatin. Anyway, I can live with the ringing in my ears ... I just try to "tune" it out. Other than that I found the chemo sessions to be no big deal when compared to the radiation but that's just my own experience. Keep fighting the good fight and I'll be thinking about you in my prayers.

Nancy

Stage IV oral cancer (tongue), T3N2, total glossectomy with right and left modified neck dissection 7/03, rad /chemo ended 11/03