I have a friend who is 45 and suffers from liver disease. He is overweight and has loved his beer for many years now. Ihave never thought of him as an alcoholic as to me that is someone who loses control and does horrible things while under the influence. Ed just maintains a happy go lucky attitude no matter how much or little alcohol. A wonderful family man with a wife and two daughters, can make you laugh when you're in the worst of moods. They have him on Chemotherapy for one year, some kind that he gives himself a shot of each week??? I wish I had gotten more details on it and will tomorrow. He is struggling the worst with being lightheaded and weak. He is trying to work still and struggling. At times he will need to pull over to the side of the road as he feels like he will pass out. His doctors tell him this is "part of the treatment". I'm finding that hard to believe after learning all I have on this board about chemo. What medications are there for chemotherapy that control the nausea and the extreme fatigue?? Any help would be wonderful.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.