Wayne, perhaps you would feel better to break this down into small parts. Basically, to begin, you will have a mesh face mask made. This is to keep your head positioned securely and to mark for radiation aiming. Then you will have a simulation which will generally take longer than your daily treatments will. There will be no discomfort, other than the hard table, for the first couple of weeks. Then your taste will go. Some people have a harder time than others, but as many people have pointed out, taking it just one day at a time helps immensely. When I was getting near the end of rad, I would look at the other patients waiting for their turn and realize how lucky I was, compared to most of them. Never forget that having radiation is NOT the most terrible thing that could happen to you. I am a believer in self-fulfilling prophesy and decided, as Gary reminded me, that I would treat this as a Great Adventure. I approached each treatment with a positive attitude and I think that helped. You really don't have much to worry about now. Treatment has been decided and all you have to do is show up. Never forget that these few weeks are a very small part out of your life. You can do this, Wayne, and we will be here very step of the way to encourage you. Sure, this is a mountain to climb, but it is not the Alps!