Hi Tracey; Yup, this is the hard part...but it doesn't last forever. You will use a lot of your wonderful grit and determination to carry you through to the end of the rads. So many on these boards have done it...and believe me, I have little fondness or tolerance of discomfort! I yelped and complained to the rad-Oncologist every week at our review time. He was probably praying for a miracle to get this woman well in a hurry.
I am sorry the peg hurts...they should be able to correct that, just keep squeaking! They didn't give me a peg, but the struggle to eat and keep food down was horrid. As I face the possibility of further treatment now because of a recurrance, I will ask for a peg just to avoid the pressure of trying to keep my nutrition up. Everything seems to come at such a cost...and I think that the Oral Cancer survivors are the bravest most resilient people I have ever met.
Please read through as many posts as you can...there is huge strength there. And YES Tracey, I believe you WILL beat this thing.
Peace and healing rest from a fellow fighter,
Fran

SCC Base of tongue diag. April 04 Stage IV, mets to rt. neck multiple nodes 35 rads+8 boosts First recurrence Jan05. Rt.rad neck dissection Feb02/05. Recurred with bone mets in neck July 05.
Committed to survival with dignity.