Hi Pearl, Wanted to let you know about a device recommended by my radiologist to open my mouth. (I had surgery for tongue cancer, radical neck dissection and radiation for 7 weeks) It is called the Therabite Jaw Motion Rehab System. I ordered it through this toll free phone # 1-800-322-2650 from the Therabite Corporation in West Chester, PA. I then began physical therapy a few months later and ordered a "Dynasplint" through my therapist. That helped a great deal, too. I used that for approx 8 months several times a day. I have gone back to the Therabite now, using it at least once a day. The Dynasplint can be ordered through 1-800-638-6771, but you might need a therapist or doctor recommendation for it. God Bless You and Keep Looking Up!!!!!!!!!
Carol

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---