I haven't posted recently, because it has taken some time to come to terms with my latest battle. Following two scans that showed nodules in the lungs, I was hospitalized for a surgical biopsy to determine which cancer (breast or salivary gland) had metastasized. As expected, it was the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma from the salivary gland.

Prognosis is not good and has taken time to accept. I am o.k. with it now and only hope that it is slow growing, as there really is no further treatment that might cure it. Apparently some of the original chemo therapies can be tried later on to slow down growth. Another scan in December will offer a comparison to see how fast it is growing.

I feel fine and am taking it a day at a time and REALLY living for the moment, visiting each of my children in turn.

Thanks to all of you who wrote offering encouragement following my posting in September.

Lily

Stage III Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, submandibular salivary gland. Diagnosed 10/02. Neutron radiation completed 12/24/02. Stage III breast cancer 3/03. Mastectomy, 4/03. ACC Mets to lungs 9/03.