Arizona:
I am responding to these:
A) Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to adjust to a feeding tube in the stomach. Will this be a big challenge for her?

B) I have also told her that she does not need to come to work once she begins chemo and radiation but she tells me that she 'will work half days' until all treatments are finished.

To A. Generally it is not a great deal (simple procedure). I would definitely recommend it, it makes feeding and hydration so much easier if and when (more likely) you need it. Personally I hated the fact that I had one but was relieved that I had it.

B) this can be quite variable. Initially this should be possible, later on there will most likely be a time when it is not feasible at all. There are those who are really lucky... but do not count on it. In my case it was good to be able to do something and take the mind off the "pain" in the neck.

Markus

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.