I was wondering about you and how you were doing! I'm sorry it's been such a roller coaster ride. Glad you are doing the scan, tho'. In case you haven't visited the OCF info on this, just go to:
http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/diagnosis/

This has a good explanation of the CAT and PET scans. Be sure and tell the doctor how you are feeling and claustrophobic. If you tell them ahead of time, maybe they can help you with it. My son had a combination PET/CT scan and he fainted but they couldn't let him lie down for some reason and it took a while to keep going with him. I think his blood pressure may have been low. Everyone reacts differently, you know, so you might just breeze thru the whole thing. If you still have my son's email, just send him an email if you want more specifics.

I'm in Mexico visiting a friend of mine and lo and behold, there must be a "hot spot" around because my laptop works great in any room of her condominium! I feel like I've brought OCF w/me to Mexico! cool

Let us know what happens, ok?

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)