Seth, I would get the biopsies before I worried about bloodwork or anything else. Your experience sounds a little like mine, I noticed a swollen node first. The bad thing was is the cancer didn't show up in a fine needle aspiration. This kind made me think I was all good so I didn't rush the node removal or ask for any scans before the removal which would have been really good too. Anyway, the cancer was found when my ENT removed the node and there was atleast 2 more that the cancer had metastisized to. Don;t waste any time because the more localized everything is the better chance for cure and the easier the rad treatment is on you. Atleast that is what I was told. Good luck.

PeteyB you are in my prayers my friend. That really upsets me to know you are having to sit with your DX. I'll pray real hard for you. And you to Seth. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee