Hello. I'm a 38 year old femal thyroid cancer survivor. I had a total thyroidectomy 4 years ago, with the cancer spreading to my neck muscles and larynx, but after 2 RAI treatments and numerous scans, etc., have been told that the cancer is gone (it had luckily not grown to my lymph nodes at all, thanks to a great doctor who recognized my advanced symptoms even if I was oblivious.) What this all has taught me is to not ignore symptoms (I had extreme jaw pain for months prior to my CA diagnosis, but thought it was "just" TMJ so wouldn't see a doctor for it). Well, today after lunch I though I had food in my cheek and when it wouldn't stop feeling that way, I looked in the rearview mirror at the inside of my cheek and was horrified to find a dark red spot, an irregular shape, that I had never noticed before. How long should I wait to see if it goes away before calling my doctor? I am going on vacation on Wednesday and will be away for weeks, and don't want to put it off if it might make a difference. Does anyone know if thyroid cancer survivors are more likely to have other oral cancers?

Any thoughts might make me feel better. Naturally I'm freaking a bit. Thanks.