A sincere thank you to all of you who so generously share your experience and knowledge with those of us fortunate enough to find you.

I had my first appointment with RO yesterday and went in feeling fairly well informed. As a matter of fact, I do think the RO was a little impressed (and pleased), at just how much I did know. At one point, my good friend that accompanied me to take notes, asked in a moment of levity, "What do you need me for? You already know all this stuff."

Next week comes the MO, PET/CT scan, Dentist, Social worker (I am without a network of local caregivers), GI guy for PEG, and more that I sure I'm forgetting.

So, while my journey is just beginning, I feel much more empowered because I'm better informed. I'm not as frightened because I have some idea of what to expect. I am much more optimistic because, while I realize this will be the toughest thing I've ever had to do, I know I can get through this.

As I said in another post, I know I will not be the one driving this train, but I will NOT be run over by it!

And Andrea, one of my chief goals is to maintain your level of humor throughout. wink

SCC, Right tonsillar fossa, T4N2M0, Dx 1/12/07