I saw the ent today and after scoping and palpating my throat and neck, he said once again that everything looked good, that what i was feeling was not related to my treatment or disease. He said I have an inflammation around my carotid and gave me a medicine for, what i believe, migraines. It wasnt my regular surgeon that I saw however an ent regardless. I saw my surgeon in sept, and asked when my next ct was and he said he wouldnt send me for anymore unless something was wrong, which he found nothing. His school of thought is pet/cts the first 2 years, which i talked him into one the third year, and then chest xrays every year. He talked about radiation exposure, blah blah blah. He also assured me, as he always does that he would be throwing me a party at 5 years and that physical palpation with me is easy because i am so thin. Do I feel better? Yea, but...!! Do I take the meds and see(which i'll do anyway) or do I insist on annual ct's? I dont feel as bad, i'm sure my mental state exacerbated the condition. But my ear, neck jaw and throat still hurt. Thanks for listening guys. I appreciate your feedback and your warm wishes. These episodes(as I call them) are fewer and further in between but when they come, it consumes me sometimes. I'm sure most of you understand that, so thanks again.

Kelley

SCC tonsil(left) with contralateral mets. Modified right neck disection August, 2002. 33 rads(62 gy)both sides of neck and 3 cycles cisplatin completed October 25, 2002. 34 yo at time of diagnosis