Hey Guys,

Well, today was appt with my ENT, and I feel 100%, OK, 85% better. He said it was VERY small, VERY superficial, mobile, soft, round borders, and if I had said that it had only been present for one week, he would have believed me. He removed the ENTIRE lesion with plenty of surrouding tissue (that alone is a HUGE reief), and said if he had to guess, he would say: "PRE-cancerous if anything". He also claims that even if it is a recurrent cancer, that it is early enough to still be "HIGHLY" curable. This contradicts much of what I have read about recurrent oral cancer, but I truly hope he is correct. It was not the same site as my primary, so it would be a "new" lesion all together. I am still hoping and praying for "inflammation", or "benign ANYTHING" for results, but I am much more at ease now than I have been for the past several days/nights. Thanks so much to all of you for your input and support, it means SOOOOO much!!! I will be getting the results next Thursday afternoon, and possibly going to the OR the following Tuesday to widen the margins if it is anything (cancerous or dysplastic). Thank you all again, and I will keep you posted. God Bless!!!

Rick

Rick T
Stage II SCC(T2N0M0). Dx:Jan.05 Surgical removal w/Neck Dissection (nodes clear) Feb 1,2005.