Just a note of interest....I had some ongoing problems with continual acid reflux during the past year, took maalox, rolaids, etc. at first, then doc prescribed some Acidphex(?) that worked well but gave me severe diarrhea so I stopped, then he gave me Zantac which didn't really work, then finally Prevacid. However, about the same time he gave me Prevacid, I decided to take his advice along with my husband's ENT who both said I should cut out caffeine. I had been told that before but paid no mind since I have drank coffee for many years and only developed the acid reflux within the past year, so I figured caffeine couldn't be the culprit. So I quit caffeine, and never really started taking the Prevacid, and my acid reflux disappeared! I know it is not that simple for a lot of folks, but it was worth a try and actually worked for me, and I'm glad because I was starting to worry that I would end up with Barrett's and I'm paranoid to begin with since my husband got cancer.
Michele

Michele, caregiver to husband, Jesse, SCC diagnosed 1/5/06 unknown primary, lf neck mass >6 cm. Chemo (Cisplatin 2x; Carboplatin & Taxol 2x) & XRT radiation 39X ending 4/4/06. Rad neck dissection 8.5 hrs 4/13/06. 30 HBO treatments Fall 2006.