Some say I'm just paranoid but better safe than sorry. I usually end up posting here whenever I have some sort of anamoly in my mouth because I am having a heck of a time kicking the dip habit and I always think of the worst possible scenerio.

A little over 3 years ago I had a sore on the side of my tongue...( I may have had problems before then but thats the first time I actually got nervous about it).. it hurt and after abotu 2 weeks then it cleared up. Periodically it seems to return in the same place. I used to have a sharp edge of a tooth there but I had it removed. It used to be painful whenever it would flare up But lately if I have a "flare up" I get not what I would call painful but an uncomfortable feeling there. I've been to the dentist several times since it originally turned up. I've also been to an oral surgeon twice to have wisdom teeth removed as recently as a few months ago. He did a cancer screening last year I know .. but not sure about this past time. I was out of it because of the surgery. I also had a periodontist look at me last year and gave a full scale cancer screening. He did tell me I had geographic tongue but nothing else to worry about. When I feel around back there I dont feel anything strange. My question is what would cause something like this? Im gonna make another appointment with the dentist but has anyone heard of something like this where it comes and goes?