well folks I am finally back after surgery on the 11th and have been thinking about you all since then. I am still staying with family members so do not have total internet access until I get home. surgery went very well with a positive pathology report ( 22 lymph nodes removed 1 with scc, which they new to begin with ) however it still seems like I was feeling much better before , get my staples removed on thursday, about 50, but seem to eat less and have more problems with feeding tube, much nausia, that being said I had no nerve damage and my amazing surgeon said my surgery was flawless, no sore arm or shouldar, no effect on lip or tounge, but my face, ear and neck are still very numb (totally) will that come back if there were no nerves cut? It is driving me crazy in this absolute cold weather (upstate NY) maybe I am complaining to much I don't know but I am sure glad to be here, and have to remind my self to think in terms of months not weeks. I would love to hear some more positive notes, they are so uplifting, I am passing this site on to my ENT when I see him on thursday. Thanks a million to all here. lenny